Friday, October 3, 2008

Flivorous Fliday... Engrish ressons!!!

When all else fails on frivolous Friday, I can resort to my old trusted and faithful friend... Engrish.com (no this is not a typo). This is one of my favorite Oriental websites highlighting the faux pas that occur in the "Engrish" language when lost in translation. Enjoy!!!


I would personally advocate for homelessness myself. I mean, don't get me wrong, the floorplans look nice and all, it's just that I'm not sure I wouldn't rather just pay rent instead of contending with a "heart attack" as well. What a great advertisement for that new block of condos that was just completed on the beach. Can't you just see people lining up to buy them!?!Shouldn't this say 'Fravour' Buiscuits? I'm just sayin'. Any way, I wonder if these are a 'fravorite fravor' of the Japanese 'miritary' instead of those lousy MRE's the US army gives that taste like regular food.Now if only I could figure out where the Army office is so that I can 're-enrist' in the 'miritary'. Hey, enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to check out next weeks exciting stuff on Seasons of Change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burned meat flavour! Yum!!
I had to laugh today at the T-shirt one of my friend's husband was wearing. You couldn't meet a nicer, gentler guy. A great husband and dad (not a Christian yet but his wife's praying!). Anyway, his T-shirt had the word "Phoney" printed across the front. Too bad I couldn't explain the meaning in Japanese. But a very entertaining conversation ensued about the wonders of Engrish!

Joseph said...

Kamsin, I bet you've got a million stories like this one. I wonder how many Americans are walking around with Japanese inscriptions on their shirts, and tatoos on their bodies that say uncomplimentary things that they are not even aware of.

Thea said...

These are awesome!

Joseph said...

You said it Thea!