Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Terrific Two's!

This Sunday is The Well's second anniversary. I am pumped! I know that statistics suggest that the two year mark for a church plant is pretty significant as there are major hurdles leading up to that. While we celebrate being two, in many ways we are really like a one year old church, considering the major transitions we've gone through since inception. I am really proud of the church that I pastor. I love the people, I love my team and I really love the things that God is doing in and through us all.


So If you're local and you're trying to figure out how to spend a couple of hours on Sunday morning... hmmm, let's see, I have an idea: come and hang out with us at 10.30am. There'll be coffee, donuts and even a 'birthday' cake (any excuse to eat is a great excuse). Did I mention that there'll be cake? Before I forget, we'll have a great message and phenomenal worship too, so don't get caught boring yourself to death picking 'boogers' out of your nose in lieu of something to do when you can be hanging out with great people like us. Plus, football season is over anyway so what excuse do you have to miss church? (Don't even think about answering that question, it was simply rhetorical).

Did I tell you how excited I am about this weekends anniversary service? Just checking to make sure you heard me the first time. I look forward to seeing you at The Well this Sunday, and if you're coming, come thirsty!

5 comments:

Alison G. Altmayer said...

Joseph,

congratulations on The Well´s 2nd anniversary... hope it succeeds and grows!

Fartleks are fun to do... though it was developed for running you can apply it to biking as well...

Take a look... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fartlek

You are welcome to join me next Monday... 6:00pm, Cassino beach :)

Abraco

Joseph said...

Thanks Alison. Who knows, I might end up doing a fartlek in Brazil one of these days. Thank you also for your kind wishes for The Well. It is succeeding and growing.

Me said...

Hey, maybe I'll come!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hey Joseph,
I didn't get to read this blog until today. Yesterday was a hectic day. But I wanted to be sure to let you know how great it is to be celebrating with you on your second year anniversary. You should be proud of yourself for that accomplishment. The work that you & Sola are doing there at the well cannot be measured by mere numbers. And I know that you are touching more lives than you would ever be able to count.

Oh by the way, in case you didn't notice the increase in population in the state of Florida - I think there's something BIG happening this Sunday. (Go Jr!)

So, enjoy your cake, but watch out for any green specks on it! :-)

Russ

Joseph said...

Joey, didn't you hear it was by invitation only??? Oh yeah, you are invited!!

Russ, thanks for all your encouragement. I had noticed the influx of non-Floridian's and here I was thinking it was for our anniversary celebration. Apparently there's something called NASCAR in town!!!