Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rest well Amy!

Some of you might remember my post titled "Sanctimonious ceremonies" of a few days ago. In it I mentioned the fact that we had recently received news about Amy Stockstills prognosis of 24-hours to live. I am saddened to have to inform you that Amy has changed "zip codes" and no longer lives on earth. Her husband Joel posted the following on his blog last night:
With both sadness and joy I regret to inform all of you that tonight February 11 at 9:40 pm my lovely wife Amy went to be with Jesus. This is a mighty victory and the half will never be known. With great love and appreciation to all who have joined with us.
Joel

It is hard to articulate in words what I feel right now, so without attempting to trivialize the pain of the Stockstill family and of Joel in particular, this is my tribute to them and to Amy:

For the Christian, death is only painful to the ones that are left behind. We are deeply saddened by the loss of one so young, so vibrant and full of life. We mourn the fact that we will never again hear her voice, smell her fragrance, or feel her touch... this side of heaven. For Amy however, the race is complete and now she rests peacefully in the everlasting arms of her Father and ours. She is now a part of the great cloud of witnesses that cheer us on to complete the race we have each begun. Adieu precious Amy, we'll see you when we get home!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with those mourning Amy's loss. May God bless and comfort each and every one of you.