Friday, February 8, 2008

Do you blog roll?

I said blog roll not log roll... oh, whatever! Any way I've been wondering lately why we blogging types have a blog roll (for those of you living under a stone, that's a link list of favorite blogs). Blogging is quite the universal phenomenon, but why do we choose to highlight the blogs that we do? I don't know about you, but I really am drawn to various blogs for various reasons. For instance let me highlight a few from my blog roll. I love Craig Groeschel and Bobby Gruenewald's Swerve because Craig's posts are like mini sermons. They are chock full of nuggets and are so precise that it is pretty obvious that he put's a lot of thought into them and plans them well in advance. Bobby on the other hand, put the "i" in innovative. Then there's Ann Jackson's flowerdust. All Ann needs to say is "do you like red or blue?" and she'll have a thousand responses. People just love to interact with her because she seems so "now" yet so unpretentious.


Scott Williams' Big is The New Small focuses a great deal on stimulating interaction and discourse, while Perry Noble's blog is... well... flippin' #@***:#! Seriously though, Perry's blog pulls no punches and challenges the stereotypical "sacred cows" that are held sacrosanct for all the wrong reasons. I like Unveiling Hope because she is articulate and writes from the heart. Tony Morgan offers me real food for thought, while Guy Kawasaki makes me realize how 'uneducated' I am about a lot of things. Dino Rizzo's blog constantly reminds me what it's like to be hugely successful, well connected, and yet down to earth and deeply caring. Finally, there are the blogs of my Lead Team, Hope, Joey, and Jake that remind me of people who really love to serve others.

So why do you have the people you have on your blog roll? Please note that the above list is in no way an exhaustive listing of all the blogs I read regularly. I also want to say that this list is purely my list. It is not solicited, neither is it meant to say anything other than what has been said. Any resemblance to any other persons list, living or dead, is purely coincidental. And, oh... by the way, have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Alison G. Altmayer said...

Joseph,

Most of the blogs in my favorite list is related to running. Besides that, there is yours and I also like to visit a blog of a Brazilian living in England (marcinha.co.uk)and a blog of old stories about my hometown (www.guaipeca.blogger.com.br).

Hope you have a nice weekend too!!

Anonymous said...

If I listed every blog I read the list would go on and on. Although I tend to delete blog links that don't update on a regular basis, those I have on my roll are those that touch my heart, educate me, share common testimonies, common interests, and those preaching and practice service and singing the gospel. Most of those you've listed I read however now I have a few more I'll need to check out this weekend. Thanks for the info!

Alison G. Altmayer said...

Joseph... my turn to ask... how are you??? long time no read...

Joseph said...

Alison,you are very kind to inquire as to how I'm doing. I am actually doing really well. I don't post on the weekends and now post somewhat late on Mondays and Tuesdays because of other commitments. I trust you and your family are well?

Anonymous said...

now i`ll read your rss