Friday, November 14, 2008

Sometimes I sit and think...!!!

"Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit!" This was the phrase on a poster that I saw as a kid growing up, and it has stuck with  me all these years. I find myself doing an awful lot of sitting and thinking these days, and at other times I completely zone out and am focused on... absolutely nothing! I feel as if my brain is broiling and smoke is pouring out of my ears. So this morning, as I head to the airport for my trip home (I've thoroughly enjoyed my time in Alabama and DC, but I am soooo ready to get home), I feel like I'm just going to sit. I'm on strike from thinking so don't ask me any life altering questions until tomorrow!

1 comments:

Gapper said...

OK,no questions. But I will tell you what I like to sit and think about sometimes. Think about all the people you'll meet in Heaven-the known, like Abraham, King David, Elijah, all the apostles!-and the unknown-brothers and sisters you don't even know exist, or existed! People you'll get to talk to, sing with, pray with, and praise God with! All that along with the ultimate joy of meeting Jesus face to face! WOW-boggles the mind. Thanks for letting me share MY thoughts1